RE: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 22:23:01 +1100

Try setting guitar scores. I just did a quick count on the first page of the
BVW1004 Chaconne that I have been playing around with setting for guitar in
Lilypond, and I have 187 left-hand fingering indications, 10 right-hand
fingering indications, and 23 string number indications. A typical note
entry would be something like

<f-1\4-\RH #1 >

If only there was some way to avoid all those <>...

Nick