Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:18:34 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Notice that I don't write out each repeated chord in the manuscript.
It's understood by the editors and engravers that the "|" means
simply "print the previous chord again". It would be great if there
was a shorthand for this in LilyPond code for situations

I've asked for that feature already last year or the year before.  I'm
not sure whether we have such a feature request in the bug database,
but it would be a good idea to add it right now in case it is missing.

Mostly, in such situations, I let the text editor do the job. The simplest solution is simply to use copy/paste, but many text editors also allows you to define macros that can be useful in these situations. Yet another alternative is to let LilyPond do the job, either using simple techniques like \repeat unfold {....} or Scheme based solutions like http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=390, http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=390 or http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=346.

   /Mats

    Werner

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing