Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:49:02 +0200 (CEST)

> Mostly, in such situations, I let the text editor do the job.  The
> simplest solution is simply to use copy/paste, but many text editors
> also allows you to define macros that can be useful in these
> situations.

This is error prone.  In piano music, after, say, seven similar chords
it suddenly happens that single note differs.

> Yet another alternative is to let LilyPond do the job, either using
> simple techniques like \repeat unfold {....} or Scheme based
> solutions like http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=390,
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=390 or
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=346.

IMHO, this is visually unattractive while reading a lilypond source
and takes far too much time to enter.  I really can't understand why
there is so much resistance to a one-letter chord repeat item --
ideally an unused letter like `q' or another ascii character (as the
proposed `&').

    Werner