Re: is this markup no longer applicable?

From: Chip
Subject: Re: is this markup no longer applicable?
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 21:18:16 -0700

Got it working, the order of the whole thing was wrong. Here's how it should be -

R2*31 \bar "||"
\once \override Voice.MultiMeasureRestText #'extra-offset = #'(-7 . 1) R2^"Fine"

Leave out the \property, move \override before the Voice. Now I have the Fine centered over the double bar.
Thanks for the tips.
--
Chip

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Chip:

The word Fine just stays put over the rest, no matter what numbers I put in there.

I think you're looking for MultiMeasureRestText, not TextScript.

HTH!
Kieren.