Avoiding slur collision with other voice

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Avoiding slur collision with other voice
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 14:45:54 +0200

Hello,

with help by Trevor I got forward a lot with my scores. Currently I still have a little issue with slurs. The original score, that I want to mimic, has slurs _above_ the noteheads: http://dj1na.gmxhome.de/pg-0009.JPG

Lilypond puts the slurs below the beams per default. This can be confusing with the triplet indication (see attached slur.ly, measure two, first two triplets). So I want to place them above the notedheads like it's done in the original source.

I am uncertain if these slurs are legato slurs or phrasing slurs. I tried them both and did not found an important difference, probably I am too unexperienced ;-) Should I use () or \(\) ?

Independent of the kind of slurs I get collisions between the slurs and the stems of the other voice. (see attached slur.ly, measure one) There are two pages only with such triplets, so I think it's hard to do this per slur manually.
Can I tell lilypond to avoid these collisions with other voice?

Regards,
Helge