How to get a single notation of clifs, keys, or others?

From: Wei-Wei Guo
Subject: How to get a single notation of clifs, keys, or others?
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 00:01:05 +0800

Dear all,

I'm writing a extension for Sphinx, with which I can write music learning notes.
I need to show those clifs, keys, notes, and so on with out staff and other
things.

My solution is using

\new Staff \with {
  \remove Staff_symbol_engraver
  \remove Time_signature_engraver
  \remove Stem_engraver
  \remove Clef_engraver
  \remove Key_engraver
  \remove Metronome_mark_engraver
}

but I can only show music notes with it.

Another pitfall is there will be a large white border left in the resulting PNG.
I tried the method provided in lilypond user document "14.11 Inserting LilyPond
output into other programs". The method works if staff presented, but not if no
staff presented. Is there any other method?

Hope I described my question clear. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei