Re: How to get a single notation of clefs, keys, or others?

From: Wei-Wei Guo
Subject: Re: How to get a single notation of clefs, keys, or others?
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:50:55 +0800

Hi Haipeng,

Nice to meet you here!

?????? - Hu Haipeng ????:
Hello Wei-Wei:
  How are you?
  It's exciting to find some Chinese people in this mailinglist!

Nice to know too!

For your question regarding the clef etc, don't remove these engravers, as others said. I'm blind, so I don't know whether my way can remove the large white border at the left side. Whatever, if I were you, I'd like to use \override foo #'stencil = ##f instead of removing engravers. Tell me whether it works, since youh answer also helps me! :-)

\override can make staff, clef, and timesignature disappear, but the result
is the same as \remove does. It sames that Lilypond puts symbols in absolute
positions which causes the white border around the note. But that is ok,
since all I want is inputing standalone markups and Mats's method works fine
for me.

For your other question, here's a script. Create a file feta.ly, and copy the following lines into it. See the log file after compiling, and you'll get a full list of music glyphs (some are punctuations and numbers) in feta fonts:
%% I got this at the beginning of last year,
%% so I don't know whether it works on 2.12 or 2.13
\version "2.10.0"
#(map ly:message (ly:otf-glyph-list (ly:font-load "emmentaler-20")))

I'm using version 2.12.1.

I cannot reproduce your results. Something wrong with the `font-load`:

  error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
  #
   (map ly:message (ly:otf-glyph-list (ly:font-load "emmentaler-20")))
  Unbound variable: ly:font-load

Since I just want the glyph list, that does not matter. Thank you very much!

To all: I work out an usable extension for Sphinx now. If you use Sphinx
writing your reading notes, I can send it to you. The extension can show
Lilypond in PNG format in the HTML build.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei