filling meaasures with rests automatically

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: filling meaasures with rests automatically
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:11:38 +0200

Dear community,
there is one feature, that I know from Sibelius and Finale, which
would be great to have in Lilypond too.
If You have for example just one sixteenth note in a 4/4 bar, than
sibelius automatically fills the rest of the bar with rests.
I think rosegarden is able to do that too, but as far as I know, it is
not possible to do this within lilypond.
Could it be possible to write a script for this?