Re: TimeSignature with white border?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: TimeSignature with white border?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

Neil Puttock wrote:
> I hope Mark didn't spend too long working out the
> stencil overrides, as there's already the public
> function stencil-whiteout (used for the markup
> command \whiteout) which will do the job in one
> fell swoop...

Neil,

don't worry about my time! :}

It seems my programming style is "reinventing the wheel"
but sometimes I think that's a good way to learn.

By the way, one benefit of my approach is that you can
select a padding so you can whiteout extra space around
the objects, but I suspect there's a trivial solution to
that as well? If so, let us know!

Regarding snippet candidacy, I was thinking it would be
better to allow the padding to be modified on-the-fly,
but it's not a big priority.

- Mark