Re: Real World Usage

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Real World Usage
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:32:53 -0400

Hi Piero,

we must say breaking algorhythm is far better than Finale's
(the problem being that manual tweaking is *much* harder)

?? I actually find the opposite... Finale's manual breaking system is more difficult and less flexible than Lilypond's.

In my Lilypond scores, I simply have a manualBreaks variable which:
    1. is empty if the auto-breaking algorithm is working fine; or,
2. contains specifically placed \break or \pageBreak commands (positioned by \skip-s) as necessary to force my desired layout.

Regards,
Kieren.