Re: Real World Usage

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Re: Real World Usage
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> Hi Piero,
>
>> we must say breaking algorhythm is far better than Finale's
>> (the problem being that manual tweaking is *much* harder)
>
> ?? I actually find the opposite... Finale's manual breaking system is
> more difficult and less flexible than Lilypond's.

Yes, but if you have, for example, to put long opera stage directions,
you'll live quite a hell with Finale, and the worst of possible hells with
Lilypond, because tweaking is hard in 1st case, nightmarish in 2nd one. But
yes, Lily algorythm is almost perfect, and in average cases I don't want to
touch such a perfection.

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Main Software used:

- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP sp3; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond 2.12 for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies