Re: Real World Usage

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Real World Usage
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:44:32 -0400

Hi Piero,

Yes, but if you have, for example, to put long opera stage directions,
you'll live quite a hell with Finale, and the worst of possible hells with Lilypond, because tweaking is hard in 1st case, nightmarish in 2nd one.

Actually, just last year, I typeset a 1-hour musical drama I cowrote -- which included enormous chunks of stage directions, integrated script, etc. -- in Lilypond. Didn't find it that difficult.
I attach one sample page.

Cheers,
Kieren.