Re: move lyrics closer

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: move lyrics closer
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:05:47 +1000

James E. Bailey wrote:
I want to move lyrics closer to each other. I've tried \layout {\context { \Lyrics \override #'baseline-skip = #-55 } } and it's not working for me. I'm sure I've just got the wrong context somewhere. Can someone point me to the right way?

Do you mean move words closer together, or lines closer together? If words, it might be something like

\override LyricText #'wordspace = #0.3, the default is 0.6. http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/LyricText#LyricText

But I'm fairly weak on Lyrics, so I haven't really tested this.