hiding portions of slurs/ties around specific objects

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: hiding portions of slurs/ties around specific objects
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

Perhaps it was a coincidence that both Kieren
and Maestraccio requested slur-hiding solutions
recently:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2009-03/msg00106.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/msg00153.html

I tried to solve both individually, but then
realized that a generic solution was best, so
here it is. The name is not very poetic though.
Thanks, Neil and Patrick, for your coding help
and suggestions.

Questions and comments are welcome. If anyone
wants to add it to the LSR, that's fine by me.
Change the function name too, if you want, I
couldn't think of anything better.

Happy to help.
- Mark