Feat. request: autobehaviour of \unfoldRepeats

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Feat. request: autobehaviour of \unfoldRepeats
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:57:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I wonder why I (and, as I can imagine, 99% of users out there) have always
to put \unfoldRepeats in a different \score block just for correct MIDI
output, thus having to put in a variable all the \score content and use it
in both \score blocks.
 It's not -till now - a problem for me, but I feel it like a complication
(and thus, a potential danger) and I can't figure out why this should not be
the default MIDI behaviour, so that only if you don't want this you'll have
to put some code tweak.
Is there some technical problem? Any other reason not to change this
behaviour? If so, is there a manner to include this behaviour in a external
GenSetting.ly file in order to include it and having a "single \score" file
behave like this?
thanks

Piero

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Main Software used:

- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP sp3; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond 2.12 for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies