Re: (de)cresendi syntax

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: (de)cresendi syntax
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:35:26 +0800

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 01:54:22AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > I know that it is not possible to implement this only with scheme and
> > lily code but I am sure it is possible in C++.
>
> Yes, some simple lines of C++ were required.
>
> Attached is a sample file to show how the definition of spanners could work
> with my patch. I've also implemented two functions to give the text of the
> spanner directly in the postfix call.

Beautiful... simply beautiful.

As you mentioned, we need to be very careful with the upgrade path
here.  And we should spend at least two weeks discussing the new
syntax (\textCresc "my personal text" vs. \crText "" vs.
hard-coded \crPocoAPoco vs. whatever).

I can't speak to the actual C++ patch, but I'm *very* happy with
the flexibility those scheme functions give us.

Cheers,
- Graham