Re: trills

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: trills
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:57:15 +1000

Berthold Gunreben wrote:
Hi,

I am quite new to lilypond and stumbled over a question regarding trills. I'd like to use pitched trills which works quite well with something like:

\pitchedTrill b2  \startTrillSpan cis b \stopTrillSpan

However when I want to do a pitched trill over just one single note, I always get errors:

test.ly:34:17: warning: programming error: bounds of this piece aren't breakable.
  \pitchedTrill b
                 \startTrillSpan cis \stopTrillSpan

For a pitched trill on a single note, try terminating the trill spanner on a spacer note:

\relative c '' {

\pitchedTrill e2\startTrillSpan fis d\stopTrillSpan % as usual

\pitchedTrill e2\startTrillSpan fis s2\stopTrillSpan % with spacer note