Re: lyrics to split parts / vocal cue notes

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: lyrics to split parts / vocal cue notes
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:11:26 +0200

Wow, I should really not answer questions when I'm not awake.

Lyrics need to be associated with a voice context. Regardless of whether or not you name them, lilypond creates its own contexts when you use the <<{}\\{}>> structure. To solve this, just use <<{\voiceone}\context Voice = "new voice" {\voiceTwo}>>\oneVoice. Notice the lack of the \\ between the two contexts.