Re: VoiceFollower help

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: VoiceFollower help
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:53:29 +0200

Am 12.04.2009 um 08:26 schrieb Mark Polesky:

James E. Bailey wrote:
\override VoiceFollower #'style = #'dotted-line
doesn't seem to work here. Why not?

When you use \once, the command only is in effect for the
next note AFAIK. Either omit the \once or use this order
of commands:

Wow, all this time, and I never realised that. I guess I don't use \once often enough.

Second, is this the most efficient way to do something like this? It seems a bit over-burdened.

No, you could probably use identifiers to reduce typing.

seehttp://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Saving-typing-with-variables-and-functions

I don't follow. What do you mean?

HTH
- Mark