Re: relative position of tempo and rehearsal marks

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: relative position of tempo and rehearsal marks
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:03:09 +0200

frédéric,

On Apr 13, 2009, at 8:41 AM, Frédéric Bron wrote:
with 2.12.2 (windows):

{ \tempo "Ziemlich langsam" 4 = 66 R1 \mark \default R1 }

puts "A" above "Ziemlich langsam" but I would expect "A" to be below.
How can I reverse the default behaviour?

try this:

<<<
\version "2.12.2"
{
\once \override Score.MetronomeMark #'outside-staff-priority = #1500
\tempo "Ziemlich langsam" 4 = 66
R1
\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'outside-staff-priority = #1000
\mark \default
R1
}

the documentation trail for this is fairly convoluted:

NR 4.4.5 "Vertical collision avoidance"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Vertical-collision-avoidance

find that there is a property outside-staff-priority and that objects are ordered with ascending priority away from the staff, then look up the two objects:

IR 3.1.62 "MetronomeMark"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/MetronomeMark

IR 3.1.80 "RehearsalMark"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/RehearsalMark

determine the values for RehearsalMark and MetronomeMark are #1500 and #1000 respectively, so swap them with the \override command.

the trick is knowing that you're looking for vertical-collision- avoidance rather than vertical placement of objects...

regards,
sb

--
Simon Bailey