Re: How to input a time signature in \markup?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How to input a time signature in \markup?
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:12:18 -0400

Hi Wei-Wei,

I want to present time signatures in my reading notes. I tried
  \markup { \time 2/4 }
It seems \time cannot be used in this way. I got a dirty way
  \markup { \center-column { {\musicglyph #"2"} {\musicglyph #"4"} } }
which can show a time signature, but the vertical space between the two numbers are too large.

\markup \override #'(baseline-skip . 1) { \center-column { \musicglyph #"two" \musicglyph #"four" } }

Is there any more elegant way?

I don't think so... but Lilypond is always surprising me, so who knows? =)

Best wishes,
Kieren.