Re: Pick a pitch/instrument in MIDI output

From: Matthew Rowles
Subject: Re: Pick a pitch/instrument in MIDI output
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:50:41 +1000

I've read all of that.

All of those instruments are pitched. I want just a snare drum to hit
out the rhythm.

I can't access the percussion midi instruments as I'm not using a drum
staff, and if I was, the notes would still change (percussion)
instrument as the "pitch" changed.

Basically, I want to replicate an audio RhythmStaff.

So, maybe a better phrased question: Can I pick a particular midi
instrument "pitch" (eg c', snare etc...) and use that for all notes in
my score?