Re: get typical jazz swing in drums midi file

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: get typical jazz swing in drums midi file
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:24:32 +0200

M Watts wrote:
Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Hi,

It is possible to get an typical jazz swing also in the midi file, so I hear it when playback?

I think you'd have to code swing drum section just for the midi output, with something like

\times 2/3 { hh4 hh8 } to get swung rhythms.

Just for the midi output? I've it now like this:

\version "2.12.2"

global = {
  \tempo 4=100
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
}

drumOne = \drummode {
  \global
  % Slagwerk volgt.
  cymr4 \times 2/3 {cymr8 r8 cymr8}
  cymr4 \times 2/3 {cymr8 r8 cymr8}
}

drumTwo = \drummode {
  \global
  % Slagwerk volgt.
   r4 hh4 r4 hh
}

drumThree = \drummode {
  \global
  % Slagwerk volgt.
   bd4 bd bd bd
}

\score {
  \new DrumStaff \with {
    \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
    instrumentName = "Slagwerk"
    %\override Stem #'stencil = ##f
    %\override Stem #'length = #3  % houd enige afstand.
  } <<
    \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \drumOne }
    \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \drumTwo }
    \new DrumVoice { \voiceThree \drumThree }

  \layout { }
  \midi { }