Re: number of pages

From: craigbakalian
Subject: Re: number of pages
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:33:20 -0400

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 01:36 -0400, address@hidden wrote:
Although lilypond said it found the ideal number of pages, I find that it didn't.
It fit all my music in 2 pages, and left the last line on the 3rd page. 2pages>no page turn. So i'd like to manually set the number of pages to 2 pages only. how can I do this?

I think the \paper { page-count = 2 }  isn't ready yet, but I don't know, I have never tried it.  There is one thing I know works, but it is kinda fussy, \paper { system-count = "some number here" }. Tweek this until it is the way you want it.  There is also the ragged-bottom, ragged-last, and ragged-last-bottom variables of the \paper context.  You can fuss with them too.

This brings back the important question of a request I made about 3 months ago, is anyone out there in Lilypond development land making a \page { systems-per-page = "some number here" }.  It can't be that difficult, seeing that Lilypond already is doing this like a robot.  It would be a matter of just telling the robot what to do, no?

Craig Bakalian