Re: Dashed, variable-thickness slurs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Dashed, variable-thickness slurs
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:01:07 +0800

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:29:45AM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 4/19/09 1:16 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > I think it's been a great learning process for everybody
> > involved, but I personally would work on either personal stuff
> > (I want it!), popular-requested stuff (more people want it!),
> > or fundamental
>
> How do we know what popular-requested stuff is?  Is there some
> kind of index that tracks the number of requests for a given
> fix?  As a Frog, when I go to the issue tracker I don't get any
> sense for how important any given issue is.

As a Frog, you don't get much of a sense, no.  People can "star"
items, indicating that they want emails whenever they're updated.
In theory this could be used as an indication of interest, but 99%
of issues only have one star (mine), regardless of their actual
popularity.

The Bug Meister should be able to tell you what the most popular
items are, just based on emails and general knowledge of trends on
lilypond-user.  If the bugmeister can't do this, I could do in 37
days.

Any item that has people offering cold hard cash (well, ok,
temperature-neutral, fuzzy, paypal credits)  for patches are
obviously popular to a certain segment.  Depending on how much of
a hard-core capitalist you are... and anybody involved in
open-source projects must obviously be extremely hard-core... you
might even argue that the amount of money being offered is the
*only* ranking of popularity.  :)

BTW, if a Frog is working on a Bounty feature and requries a lot
of assistance, I don't think it would be inappropriate for you to
get a cut of the money.

Cheers,
- Graham