Call For Info: new composer/musician models using Lilypond

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Call For Info: new composer/musician models using Lilypond
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:29:30 -0400

Hello Lily-dippers!!

A colleague of mine just landed a professorship at a U.S. college, in a program which emphasizes innovation in music.

I asked him if he'd like me to do a guest lecture, and he's very interested. In addition to a short technical presentation (and cheerleading session) on Lilypond as engraving software, I'd like to talk about the way open-source alternatives have opened up the musical field(s) and changed the way the industry works -- for example, Valentin's opera and its licensing model.

I'd be interested in hearing [OFFLINE] from anyone who has a story of "musical innovation" to share, and would be willing to have me (possibly) include them in my presentation next year.

Many thanks,
KIeren.