Re: Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:09:37 -0400

Hi there.  The client/server feedback delay is only really noticeable when the application sends the lilypond source to the server for rendering. Even there, since it's all done transparently in the background, it isn't that frustrating, since the user can keep working on other stuff - note entry and the like and there's no delay there cause that's all done with _javascript_ on the client.

But yeah I agree with you that 'Rich Internet Applications'  have been slow to catch on. Google has caught on (in fact I may use their toolkit for a familiar-lloking interface down the road) and others but web developers for the most part haven't.

For sure, I'll keep you posted. When's your presentation?

Cheers,
Mike