Re: suppress time signatures?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: suppress time signatures?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:19:29 +0200

2009/4/23 Gerard McConnell <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
> I would like to use Lilypond to write sight-reading exercises for my piano
> students.   The exercises are generally 8 bars long, on a single system,
> with a final barline at the end of each line.   Each new line requires a
> time signature.
> How do I suppress the time signature which is inserted automatically at the
> end of a line?

It is in the learning manual:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Visibility-and-color-of-objects.html

Usual, predefined boolean vectors for this property are listed in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals-big-page#item_002dinterface

For what you want, use

  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org