Re: date in footer?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:31:29 +0800

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:56:05AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> I will admit that "outputting the version number" appears in the
>> Text list, rather than the titles.  In fact, both snippets should
>> appear in both Text and Titles, but currently they're only in one
>> list.  "Somebody" should fix this.
>
> Ok I found the snippets in the database, clicked "modify," added the
> missing "Text" and "Title" tags in the respective snippets and clicked
> "save" for each one.  I assume that since I was apparently allowed to
> modify these snippets that I am now an editor?

I guess.  I just checked, and it looks like it was all done
correctly.

>  That's...pretty easy :).

No kidding.  Now do you see why I wanted somebody who hasn't
fought with git or learned the doc policy to do it?

Of course, the job is much longer.  Every snippet needs to be
examined.  The person doing this can exercise a fair amount of
judgment over how many tags to have, how relevant something should
be to warrent getting a tag, etc.  Ideally, they'd also make sure
the snippets all conform to the doc policies... easy-to-understand
variable names (no \thrsddbx for "three-sided box"), etc.

I'm estimating 20 hours to organize the current lot, plus 1 hour
per month.  And, as you've noted, it's pretty easy.  All you need
is a web browser, some time, and a bit of lilypond knowledge.  And
even that last point is debateable -- reading, tweaking, and
organizing snippets is a great way to *gain* lilypond knowledge.

Cheers,
- Graham