music expression explanation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: music expression explanation
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:42:05 +0800

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:10:37PM +0200, Simon Bailey wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>> If you have an idea for a general clarification that the syntax is
>> "pitch duration other", then I'm all for it.  If it's a simple
>> "you need to put the ' before the duration", then I'd probably
>> reject it as being insufficiently general.
>
> my first idea was something along the lines of your refusal. :) i do
> have some other ideas about how to explain the syntax, but they depend
> on where you want to put it in the docs.
> where would you put it in 3.1.?

Hmm.  I was initially thinking of 3.1.2, but that subsection
(actually, the entire section) is really talking about
*macroscopic* style.  I mean, it refers back to the definition of
a (compound) "music expression".

With that in mind, perhaps 2.3.1 is the best place: add 2-3
sentences and an articulation (or dynamic, or something) to the
first paragraph+example.

That said, this is really Trevor's area now.  Let's see what he
says.

Cheers,
- Graham