Re: Removing empty (drum) staff in a score, instrument name placement

From: Toine Schreurs
Subject: Re: Removing empty (drum) staff in a score, instrument name placement
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:51:18 +0200 (MZT)

1. You would need (the nonexisting) RemoveEmptyDrumStaffContext. But
inspection of engraver-init.ly points to the solution:
\layout {
  \context {
    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
   }
   \context {
    \DrumStaff
    \remove "Axis_group_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty = ##t
    \consists "Hara_kiri_engraver"

2. Do not specify the instrumentname in the flt,sax,.... definitions.
For the full score, add the instrumentname to the score, as in
    \new StaffGroup = "ww" <<
      \new Staff = "flt" {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Flute "
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Fl. "
        \flt
      }
      \new Staff = "sax" {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Soprano Saxophone "
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Sop. Sax. "
        \sax
      }

For the parts, specify the instrumentname with a markup
\book {
 \markup "Flute"
 \score {
  \new Staff {