Re: music expression explanation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: music expression explanation
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:13:12 +0800

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 09:41:26AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Friday, April 24, 2009 4:42 PM

>> That said, this is really Trevor's area now.  Let's see what he
>> says.
>
> Thanks for the prompt!  I think the best place is in
> 2.1.2 Simple notation, in the Durations (rhythms) section.
> This is where the entry of a duration is first mentioned,
> and it's immediately after introducing the ' and , marks.

Eh?!?!  You want to tell people to put articulation and dynamic
marks after the duration, before they've been told how to do
articulations and dynamics?  Remember that the idea is to give a
general:
        @var{pitch} @var{dur} @var{other}

You might want to take a second look through the rest of this
thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/msg00737.html

> ps One of my other hobbies (budgerigar genetics) is
> taking time at the moment, hence my back seat presence.

Colorful!

Cheers,
- Graham