Re: tablature.ly

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: tablature.ly
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:07:25 -0500

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Marc Hohl wrote:
Hello tablature users*,

after some days of struggling with lilypond's internals, I have created a file tablature.ly

Wow, I am very happy about this! I'm gonna test it for sure.

Thanks Marc and Carl!

@David could you  make some progress with the bends and stuff?

Kind regards,

\r

Well done, Marc & Carl! I don't use tab either, but I'm a guitarist and appreciate the new features from that standpoint.

My only comment would be that whenever traditional staff and tabstaff are presented together, it's best to use the "treble_8" clef for the regular staff so that the notes appear in the right place on the staff, the tab has the correct indications, and the midi output is in the right octave. I think there were only two examples in tablature.ly that didn't use the "treble_8" clef for guitar. All the other clefs (including the "bass_8" for bass guitar) were correct.

Thanks for the great work, guys!

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp