Re: date in footer?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:31:28 +0100

2009/4/25 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:22:56AM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

>> > 4. Note that one of the snippets isn't tagged as `docs', which means
>> > it's in input/new.
>> >
>> > 5. Find the snippet in input/new, and add the tag there instead.
>> >
>> > 6. Scratch #5, since the snippet shouldn't be in input/new in the first
>> > place.
>
> Those steps 4-6 are when you're looking at git.  My steps 1-4
> (including the "save snippet") are strictly for LSR stuff, which
> is all that I'm claiming is trivial.  I would *never* claim that
> git is trivial.

Perhaps the point I was trying to make got lost in my slightly
facetious reply: if we're talking about LSR snippets which are in the
docs, the LSR editor must be mindful of the fact that editing such
examples in LSR may have no effect, since they can be shadowed by
revised snippets in input/lsr.

There's no point in retagging `Outputting the version number' in LSR
if it's going to be ignored when makelsr.py is run.

Regards,
Neil