Centered footnotes and spacing

From: Mark Austin
Subject: Centered footnotes and spacing
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:07:12 +0100

I'm putting the finishing touches on a book of English folk tunes, but
have a few problems.

The first is in trying to center a footnote. So far, I've got this:

\paper {
        #(define page-breaking ly:minimal-breaking)
        ragged-bottom = ##t
        oddFooterMarkup = \markup { Engraved on \simple #(strftime "%b %d,
%Y" (localtime (current-time))) with \with-url
#"http://lilypond.org/web/"; { LilyPond \simple #(lilypond-version)
(http://lilypond.org/) } }
        oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { "The Tunes of John Nourse"
\fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
        evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \fromproperty
#'page:page-number-string "The Tunes of John Nourse" }
}

but would like to have the footnote centered on the page.

Also, I would like to space the individual tunes a bit more apart. I
include them as follows:

                \include "32 Bar Jigs/Blackberry Quadrille.ly"
                \include "32 Bar Jigs/Blackthorn Stick.ly"
                \include "32 Bar Jigs/Captain Lemos Quick March.ly"
                \pageBreak

but would like a line or so separation.

--
Mark Austin