Re: adding to the LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding to the LSR
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:16:52 +0800

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:37:12AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> > This probably also indicates a need to change the convert-ly rule for
> > \octave.  If it doesn't work for \octaves, it also wouldn't work for
> > \octaveAdjustFunction, or some other user-defined variable that starts with
> > \octave.  This should be either fixed or added to the issue tracker to get
> > fixed.
>
> I think the solution is to simply check that no letter follows after \octave,
> This can be easiest done by a negative lookahead patter in the RegExp:
> str = re.sub (r"\\octave(?![a-zA-Z])", r"\\octaveCheck", str)
>
> Patch is at:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/53055
>
> Okay to commit?

Sure, but what about the 200 other re.sub()s that should get
similar treatment?  :)

Definitely a job for a Frog, though.  Hopefully we can point
somebody at this patch, and they can duplicate it wherever
appropriate.

> > That's why I estimated 15 minutes per snippet (I wasn't thinking of
> > automation, which I should have).  We should check each of the snippets and
> > see if the snippet is made obsolete or should be changed to reflect new
> > features added, not just check to see if the syntax is right.
>
> Yes, but first we'd need to get the LSR up and running with 2.12, then we can
> update the snippets with new features and paradigm from 2.12.

I'd say:
1)  make LSR 2.12
2)  tag snippets
3)  add stuff from input/new/
4)  go through each tag, checking for non-overlap with 2.12 NR,
accuracy, compliance with doc policy, etc.

Cheers,
- Graham