Re: [LilyPond] Unequal line spacing in columns

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: [LilyPond] Unequal line spacing in columns
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 06:52:51 +0200

Am 08.05.2009 um 00:36 schrieb Sven Siegmund:

Hi all,

I have tried to typeset sixteen stanzas of a folk song with the
template I have found in the Notation reference under "Printing
stanzas at the end in multiple columns". I don't like the output of
it. In my case the vertical line spacing in the left and right column
differ a tiny bit. I wouldn't notice it wouldn't it be for this big
amount of stanzas to print. It cannot be nicely shown in a minimal
example, because you really need a lot of text. So I attach all the
stanzas of the folk song and the corresponding pdf.

Please tell me what's what in the source code causes this difference
and how to correct it.

Thank you,

The easy solution would probably be to organize your breaking differently. Currently, you're setting two columns that are vertically about the length of the page. If you change it to be rows of columns, you should get the results that you want. I.e., instead of having a column that has stanzas 1-9 and another column that has stanzas 10-18, try using a column of lines where each line is stanzas 1 and 10, then 2 and 11, and so on.

James E. Bailey