Re: tablature.ly, second attempt

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: tablature.ly, second attempt
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 17:23:08 +0200

Marc Hohl wrote:
There is one problem now with the settings in tablature.ly: I simply made ties transparent, but then, the fret number appears as it were a note to be played. Hopefully somewhere in the future, I will find a possibility to let the fret number disappear, but as David Stocerk pointed out, some cases had to be distinguished (the following is a quote from a former posting from David):

(quote...)

It should be noted that a publishing standard is when there is a Note Staff + Tab Staff, tied notes (that is, the notes that are 'held') in the Tab Staff are indicated by parenthesizing the tab number(s). There are several conventions that are related to tied notes in a Notes+Tab situation:

  * Tab numbers that are 'tied to' are sometimes parenthesized,
    sometimes hidden.
  * In the case that 'tied to' notes are hidden, a parenthesized tab
    number is usually forced if the 'tied to' note is at the beginning
    of a line (i.e., the note is tied over a system break).
  * Likewise, parenthesized tab numbers are forced when a 'tied to'
    note begins a 2nd ending or Coda section.
  * A parenthesized chord in the Tab Staff are indicated with a single
    pair of parentheses surrounding all of the notes in the chord (as
    opposed to as single pair of parentheses around each individual
    note in the chord).

(...quote)

So this seems to be a difficult task, but somehow to manage.

Yeah it would nice if you got the job done so that even the details (which are important often) are perfect. I think you can do it with help of some brilliant people on the list ;)

@David, this is also my two weekly head up... how are things going ;)

Kind regards,

\r