Re: strange results with rightHandFinger/StrokeFinger and avoid-slur

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: strange results with rightHandFinger/StrokeFinger and avoid-slur
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 14:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

Neil Puttock wrote:

>>  \set strokeFingerOrientations =#'(UP)
>
> Change this to \set strokeFingerOrientations = #'(up)
>
> `UP' isn't the same as `up' here; it gets converted to 1, which the
> engraver can't deal with when working out the positioning.

thanks a lot - this really helps me for my actual problem!

but i am sure i have seen so many *uppercase* LEFTs RIGHTs UPs DOWNs CENTERs
or others recently, so i did not care… maybe there was a # preposed, but i
am sure i also saw *\override Stem #'neutral-direction = #up* so i am
wondering how to memorise this - are there any rules somewhere?