writing chords

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: writing chords
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:41:45 +0200

I will be the first one to admit that I don't work with chords frequently. I'm also trying to understand them. I understand that I can enter c:7 and lilypond will recognise that I want to display c7, and display it accordingly. Since I wanted to make some changes to some of the defaults, I decided to make a little list of all the chords, and what is typed in order to get lilypond to display them. I've run into some chords that I don't know how to name properly, so I thought I would ask for help. I would like I know what I need to type in order to get these chords. Here is what I want, and what I've tried:
\version "2.12.2"
\paper { indent = #0 }
\layout {\context {\Score \remove Bar_number_engraver} }
\score {
   \new ChordNames {
      <c e g bes d' f' a'>
      \break