Re: Bass in Chord Name

From: Stjepan Brbot
Subject: Re: Bass in Chord Name
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 03:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

Marc Hohl wrote:

> Stjepan Brbot schrieb:
>> Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>>
> You have to remove the \germanChords command, then the bass is not
> shown as "fis", but as "F#", as you want.
>
> As Mats has written, insert
> \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'(clef staff-bar)
> at the beginning, then it works (Strangely,  \override
> Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'clef
> doesn't work, but I don't know why.)
>
> Marc

Thanks Marc, indeed if I remove \germanChords I get F# as Bass in chords. OK
in this particular case (song) german chord representation is not needed
because there's no H chord but in general I'd like to have german chords
representation (H instead of B and B instead of Bb) and basses in chords
represented like F#, Gb, H etc. How to achieve this? Also, how to achieve
"dim" instead of "o" in chords?

Yes, I inserted:
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'(clef staff-bar)
and it works. I have problem with understanding the position/scope of these
and similar commands. I inserted it at the very beginning of my lilypond
code and it works here but I have no idea why and when something should be
inside \chords {} \addlyrics {} or other scopes (inside/outside {}).