Re: need help with custom volta text

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: need help with custom volta text
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 21:40:47 +0800

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 01:19:45PM +0000, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> I'm having difficulty applying the example
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Repeats#
> Volta-text-markup-using-repeatCommands>
>
> In my score, I need the first bracket to say "safety" and the second to say
> "last time only", with no volta numbers in either case. Despite trying for a
> half-hour, I can't seem to get the right combination of lists, markup, \set,
> (volta #f), etc.  =(

Oh, come on.  There's only n! different combinations of those
things!

----
\version "2.12.0"

safetyMarkup = \markup { \text safety }
lastTimeMarkup = \markup { \text "last time only" }

\relative c'' {
  c1
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #(list (list 'volta safetyMarkup)
'start-repeat)
  c4 b d e
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #(list '(volta #f) (list 'volta
lastTimeMarkup) 'end-repeat)
  f1
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
}
----

Cheers,
- Graham

PS: I have no maoing clue why this works, but it does.