Re: slurs - once attached to stem ends, once to note heads

From: Herbert Niemeyer
Subject: Re: slurs - once attached to stem ends, once to note heads
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:31:06 -0700

Werner,
  you might want to try: \slurDown etc.
HTH
Herbert

Mark Polesky wrote:
Werner wrote:
But one slur is attached to the stem ends and I
want it to be attached to the note heads too. How
to obtain this?

Werner,

Technically, the slur over the eighth notes is not
"attached to the stem heads", it is rather outside
of the eighth-note beam which, if I'm not mistaken,
is where it belongs.

However, if you really want to bring the slur to the
noteheads, you could override the control-points
property of Slur. This is not an ideal solution just
because setting control-points is usually an awkward
task (lots of trial-and-error), and you'd have to do
it individually for each different combination of
notes, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

It would seem to me that there ought to be an easier
way to get what you want, so if anyone knows, let us
know!