RE: Ottava brackets abuse

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RE: Ottava brackets abuse
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 19:06:12 +0000

Hi Helge,

> thanks for hint to TextSpanner. I suspect ottava brackets to use TextSpanner.
> ;-)

Clever... but too complicated in this case!  =)

> I read the manual and searched at LSR. The sample in LSR looks
> promisingly. But I don't get the expected results:
> 1) The text is missing.

The LSR example is outdated -- the syntax for TextSpanner has changed. In
particular, you should use

    \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "Pincé"

Read the manual section on TextSpanners for more information.

> 2) The falling edge at the end is missing.

I don't know this one off the top of my head -- perhaps the manual or another
list member will help?

Cheers,
Kieren.