Re: lilypond via web interface: security considerations

From: Alex
Subject: Re: lilypond via web interface: security considerations
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:00:07 +0100

Francisco Vila wrote:
2009/5/18 Alex <address@hidden>:
Clearly I'll have to be very careful about what is permitted!

When you say that you know how to solve these issues - can you elaborate
please? Do you mean in terms of the changes required to lilypond to enable a
"locked down" mode, or something else?

It is called the 'safe' mode and it is invoked by means of

  lilypond -dsafe

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Command-line-options-for-lilypond

Start reading this, it is very informative for your purpose. I vaguely
remember that Valentin Villenave or Reinhold Kainhofer once set up a
web interface for online lilyponding.
Thanks for your help!
Alex