Re: Special markups

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Special markups
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

Helge Kruse wrote:
> I want to add
markups... circled T and the
> half-moon... How do I add such special markups?

See the 2 attached files.

Learn about the techniques here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-markup-commands
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Markup-programmer-interface

Regarding the draw_bezier_sandwich ps-routine, I
don't think the order of "thickness controls" is
clearly listed anywhere (I'll post a note to the
developers list). But if you're postscript-savvy,
here's how it works... Points 0-3 and points 4-7
are control points for 2 separate bezier curves,
listed in the following order:

x5 y5 x6 y6 x7 y7
x4 y4
x1 y1 x2 y2 x3 y3
x0 y0
linewidth draw_bezier_sandwich

Distances are measured in staff-space units. If
the order of coordinates is confusing, it may be
helpful to read the list from the bottom up.

hope this helps.
- Mark