Re: Missing ties between chords

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Missing ties between chords
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:35:23 +0100

2009/5/17 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:

> But there is another voice played on the guitar, so I decided to declare my
> bit as \voiceOne.
> One tie is gone, but this seems to be okay (or should there still be four
> ties? - second line).

There are still four ties, but two are printed in overstrike; you can
confirm this by tweaking 'tie-configuration:

\override TieColumn #'tie-configuration = #'((-3 . 1) (-1 . 1) (1 . 1) (4 . 1))

> When I want to remove the numbers that are following a tie, I use a function
> \override Tie #'after-line-breaking = #tie::handle-tab-tie
> which is not perfect yet, but for ties in the same staff line, it works, but
> as you can see
> on the fourth line, one tie isn't recognized properly, but this seems to be
> the case only with
> two equal notes, because when I change one b to an a
>
> \relative c { < fis\4 a\3 b\2 e\1 >2 ~ < fis\4 a\3 b\2 e\1 > }
>
> there are still only _three_ ties in the normal staff, but the tab numbers
> disappear without complaining.

This appears to be a limitation of how the Tie_engraver sets the
spanner bounds: if there are ties between unisons in the same voice,
the right bound is the same notehead.  For normal noteheads, this
naturally makes sense, since the ties are between the two inner notes.

Regards,
Neil