Re: Fonts usage

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Fonts usage
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:50:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Can I use these fonts in other music software?

Of course.  The Emmentaler fonts are plain CFF flavoured OpenType
fonts with some additional tables lilypond needs for typesetting.

> Can I re-arrange the glyphs in the fonts to facilitate usage in
> other software.  Can I share these restructured Lilypond fonts?

The fonts use the GPL license (which is not really suited to fonts,
BTW).  If your application is compatible with that, everything is
fine.  In case you need a different free license please contact the
lilypond-devel list so that we can discuss dual-licensing.

    Werner