Re: missing glissando features (bugs?)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: missing glissando features (bugs?)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:04:30 +0200

Neil Puttock wrote:
2009/5/16 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:

Second, glissandos between different strings is - if not impossible to play
- very seldom to find, so
I've played several orchestral pieces where the violin parts include glissandi ranging over several strings. Mahler Symphony no. 4 comes to my mind, for example. I'm still uncertain on exactly how to play it, though, but perhaps the idea is that every player does it somewhat differently and the collective effect is what the composer is looking for.

For solo guitar (which I guess this thread is about), I have no idea.

   /Mats