Compiling problems without error message

From: patrick duka
Subject: Compiling problems without error message
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:32:32 +0200

I'm on 2.12.2 on mac 10.4.11

I have an issue that is no big deal but I post it in case some users get annoyed with the same trouble as I've been for many days.
When I create .ly files in which the name contain accents or tildes like é ô ê ö etc.very frequent in spanish and french languages, the compiling works great the first time I work with the file; but when I quit Lilypond and reopen the file a few days later or a few minutes later, the compiling doesn´t work, no error message appears, this is where the console gets stuck:

" Traitement de << /Users/radif/Music/Musicnotes/Kereshmeh-ye Homâyoun.ly >>
Analyse...
Interpr'etation en cours de la musique...[8][16]
Pr'e-traitement des 'el'ements graphiques...
Interpr'etation en cours de la musique...
Sortie MIDI vers << Kereshmeh-ye Homâyoun.midi >>...
D'etermination du nombre optimal de pages...
R'epartition de la musique sur une page...
Dessin des syst`emes...
Sortie mise en page vers << Kereshmeh-ye Homâyoun.ps >>... "

and it stays like this forever with the little circle going round and round as if it were trying to compile.
When i copy the score into a new blank .ly file, and then compile it, it works. But if I quit Lilypond and then try to reopen the .ly file, it gets stuck again with the same message as above.

I've noticed that if I erase from the name of the .ly file all the accents, tildes etc., this compiling problem disappears.

For example, the following name won't compile when reopening the .ly file after quiting Lilypond: "kereshmeh-ye Homâyoun".
But this will work fine: "kereshmeh-ye Homayoun"
(note that the only difference is the "^" on the a of "Homâyoun")

another example that doesn´t work:

"Triste está el rey David"

It will compile fine if I erase the accent on the "a" of "está":

"Triste esta el rey David"

--
Patrick